What are Quantum Tattoo Inks made of??
We, at Quantum Tattoo Ink, pride ourselves in the quality of our inks. We have always used the best quality ingredients, and we want to have full transparency with our customers, and their clients, about those ingredients.
Below is a breakdown of our ingredients, so you know exactly what goes into our inks.
We use natural pigments, sourced from the earth. None of our pigments ever come from animals.
Kosher Vegetable Glycerin
Kosher vegetable glycerin is a vegan, plant-based sugar alcohol. Glycerin is used to provide lubrication and as a humectant.
Ethyl alcohol is a powerful antiseptic and disinfectant with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
The distillation process removes all impurities and mineral deposits from the water.
Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract
Eucalyptus leaves are a traditional aboriginal herbal remedy, which is now used all over the world. The essential oil found in the leaves is a strong antiseptic with antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Thymol is derived from the herb, thyme. The derivative is a strong antiseptic with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Menthol is derived from Mentha plants and is used for its fragrance. Menthol has slight analgesic properties.
What is the percentage of pigment in Quantum Tattoo Inks?
Most of our colors are 60% pigment, while other companies' tattoo inks are 50% or lower. The higher concentration of pigments means that our inks are brighter and more vibrant, which tattoo artists and collectors love.
What is Quantum Tattoo Ink's best black tattoo ink?
It's up to the artist to decide. We have some of the top tattoo artists around the world on our pro team, and each swears by a different Quantum black tattoo ink. Below is a list of our black inks, along with their pigment percentage, to help you decide which black may be best for you.
- Assphalt - 55% pigment
- Bitchin Black - 50% pigment
- Black Dynomite - 60% pigment
- Lining Black - 15% pigment
- Sculpting Black - 60% pigment
Are Quantum Tattoo Inks vegan?
YES! Quantum Tattoo Inks have always been vegan. Our ink contains no animal products, and none of our ingredients or finished products are ever tested on animals.
Is Quantum Tattoo Ink compliant with European Union quality standards?
YES! Quantum Tattoo Inks are compliant with all EU quality standards, global health standards, and meet the requirements of the vegan community around the world.
All Quantum Tattoo pigments are sent to the CTL® GmbH for bacteria and heavy metals testing.
After passing all tests, the tattoo inks are registered and listed on the CTL® GmbH website.
Are Quantum Tattoo Inks FDA approved?
No! As of right now, the FDA does not approve ANY tattoo inks. However, we are currently working with the FDA to develop high standards for the
Where are Quantum Tattoo inks made?
The Quantum Tattoo inks available on our US website are made in the USA.
Are tattoo inks safe?
Quantum Tattoo Ink offers 100% vegan and cruelty-free tattoo inks that are totally safe for your skin and environmentally friendly! Quantum Tattoo Ink is compliant with all EU quality standards, global health standards, and meets the requirements of the vegan community around the world.
Do Quantum Tattoo ink partner with tattoo artists?
Yes! We are inks are available worldwide, and we continuously collaborate with world-class tattoo artists around the globe. Contact us for more information.
Can I sell Quantum Tattoo Inks?
If you want to become an official distributor, click here.
Is Quantum Tattoo Ink available in Europe?
Yes! We are growing, and we are now available in the EU. Check out our official European website here to learn more about ordering our products in Europe and about the artists we have partnered with there.
Which tattoo inks are the best in 2022?
If you are looking for inks that are safe for your skin and the environment in bright, vivid colors that won’t fade, choose Quantum’s VEGAN Tattoo inks!
Which tattoo ink colors last longest?
Black and gray are undoubtedly the longest-lasting colors. At Quantum Tattoo Ink, you can get high-quality inks that will last a lifetime. Made with natural vegan ingredients, we offer unique ink sets for you to shop from.
What tattoo ink should I get?
Are you looking for safe and high-quality tattoo ink? MakeQuantum Tattoo Ink your go-to!
tattoo ink industry in the US.
Products and Services
Can you tell me the exact components of your tattoo inks?
Yes! We guarantee that all our inks are tested for heavy metals and bacteria. Because we want to be transparent with the materials contained in our product, we have a link to all the material safety data sheets (MSDS) for every product available on our site.
What range of colors of tattoo inks do you offer?
We work closely with our sponsored tattoo artists worldwide to create an extensive array of colors to fit almost any need so that you don’t have to blend colors. For a complete list of what we offer, please check out our color list below: Natural Tattoo Ink By Quantum Tattoo Ink| Made in the U.S.A | Color Inks Descriptions
What are “fine line tattoos”? Do they fade faster than other tattoos?
- Fine line tattoos are made of thin lines consisting of one solid color with no gradients.
- People who have tattoos for the first time may prefer this tattoo style.
- Fine line tattoos are made with a finer liner needle size that does not penetrate as deep into the skin.
- Do they fade faster than regular tattoo styles? Yes. However, you can make these tattoos last longer using the best organic Aftercare products.
Is direct sunlight harmful to my tattoo?
- Yes. Direct sunlight will make your tattoo fade faster, especially those with vivid colors.
- We don’t recommend sunscreen on your newly tattooed skin for the first 4 to 6 weeks. We recommend keeping your tattoo away from direct sunlight, especially for the first few days after getting a brand new tattoo.
- After allowing your new tattoo to heal for 4 to 6 weeks, wear at least an SPF 30+ sunscreen on your tattoo.
- For more details on how to take care of your tattoo and prepare yourself before getting one, you can read our blog and ask your artist for more information.
How can I keep my skin hydrated after getting my tattoo?
- To keep your skin hydrated and help prevent your tattoo from fading, we recommend using Quantum Tattoo Aftercare. It has soothing, antiseptic, and moisturizing properties.
- We also recommend that you not consume alcohol right before or after getting your tattoo. Alcohol makes your skin dry faster and makes your blood thinner, hampering the healing process. Instead, make sure to drink plenty of water.
Can I bathe after I get my brand new tattoo?
- Yes. However, you must avoid soaking in a hot tub or lounging in the pool for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
- Take short, gentle showers using mild fragrance-free soap during this period.
- Make sure to follow the detailed instructions from your artist on what to do for the first few weeks after getting your brand new tattoo.
What makes Quantum Black Tattoo Inks Unique?
- All Quantum Tattoo Inks are made using only vegan ingredients. However, there are other features that set our inks apart from the competition.
- All our Black Inks are Kosher, making them safe for your Jewish clients.
- Our inks have antiseptic properties. Our inks include ingredients with natural antiseptic properties to help prevent infection.
- Our black inks contain eucalyptus. Eucalyptus has properties that help your tattoo heal faster.
What does being “REACH-compliant” Mean?
Being “REACH-compliant” means the pigment and all ingredients contained in tattoo ink satisfy the new EU regulations on tattoo inks that were placed into effect in January 2022.
As of April 13, 2022, 75 Quantum Tattoo Ink colors are already REACH-compliant, with more colors coming soon.
To find REACH-compliant tattoo inks, look for our REACH Gold Label series.
Does being REACH-compliant affect the tattoo ink colors?
While there may be slight variances in the new formulation of REACH-approved colors, the resulting color should be close if not exactly the same.
For example, we were able to faithfully recreate several of the colors from our Artist Series to comply with the new REACH regulations, such as these from the Jurgis Mikalauskas Sailor’s Grave series.
You may check the MSDS for each tattoo ink for more details on the ingredients.
What is the difference between fine line tattoos and micro tattoos?
The needle and the pigment used for both types of tattoos are similar.
The lines used in both types of tattoos are very small and detailed.
However, fine line tattoos can be of any size, while micro tattoos have very detailed artwork confined in tiny areas.
How long should I wait after drinking alcohol before I have a tattoo session?
You have to wait at least 24 hours before visiting your tattoo artist. Alcohol is a blood thinnner and having thin blood is not ideal when you get a tattoo.
Do you have any metallic tattoo inks? How can I achieve the look of a metallic tattoo?
There are currently no metallic tattoo inks on the market from Quantum Tattoo Ink or any other reputable manufacturer. Instead, highly-skilled tattoo artists create a metal-like appearance by expertly combining standard color tattoo inks.
Shipping and Handling
Do you ship outside the USA?
Yes. Orders are shipped 1 to 3 business days after your order is placed. Shipping is available by FedEx. Delivery within the U.S. will arrive in 5 to 7 business days. However, Quantum is not responsible for shipping delays due to holidays, unforeseen weather conditions, natural disasters, custom holds, etc.
For international orders, the recipient may be responsible for paying import taxes and customs fees. Shipping fees are not eligible for a refund if a package was placed on hold by customs.
Payment and Returns
Can I return my product or ask for a refund?
We do not accept returns or provide refunds. If an item was damaged during shipping, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours of receiving the product so that we can file a shipping claim.
I am interested in becoming a Quantum Tattoo Ink distributor in my country. How can I learn more about becoming a distributor?
We would love to talk to you about international distributorship for our products. If you are interested in becoming a distributor in your country, you may fill out the contact form. Please make sure to let us know your country and website address: